For the exact determination of eye organ function and differentiation of abnormalities, patient complaints are often not sufficient. Even a highly experienced physician needs help of modern technology to perform visual examination. The modernization of technological equipment is one of the main priorities of an eye centre development. To give patients a particularly accurate diagnosis, Dr. Solomatina Eye Centre is equipped with the latest hardware from the leading manufacturing companies.
What do I need to know before an eye examination?
Full patient examination takes about two hours. During the eye examination, eye drops can be used to extend the eyes of the eye, so it is advised to take sunglasses with you and take into account that vison can be blurred even a few hours after the appointment. If you use contact lenses to get a full description of your vision, it is advisable to remove them for some time before the visual examination (soft ~ 1 week, hard ~ 1 month in advance).
Standard Vision Test:
- Orientation determination of near-sightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism using a computerized autorefractometer;
- Measurement of intraocular pressure using non-contact method. The results obtained are important indicators for the detection or exclusion of glaucoma;
- Measurement of mesh size by means of ultrasonic and polarized laser as well as measurement of optical forces. These parameters provide information on the causes of visual impairment;
- Defining objective refraction using a special table and a slide projector;
- Viewing the back of the eye, expanding the eye pupil for diagnosing various retinal pathologies.
- If necessary, additional visual examinations and diagnostics are recommended.
Additional vision diagnostics:
- Computerized visual field examination;
- Computerized corneal topography;
- Computer barometry;
- Computerized ultrasound diagnostics;
- Optical Coherent Tomography (OCT);
- Fluorescent angiography;
- Contrast visometry;
- Stereoscopic visometry;
- Muscle Balance Examination;
- Specific studies.
Innovative devices help eye centre specialists diagnosing different types of diseases at the early stages of their development, thereby increasing the chances of maintaining vision or stopping the progression of the disease. With the help of the latest generation of equipment at our eye centre, you can:
- determine refraction anomalies (myopia, farsightedness, astigmatism);
- discover and successfully treat abnormal disorders associated with the development of glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, retina, eye cortex, optic nerve and other diseases;
- find the right eyeglasses, contact lenses and calculate the artificial eye lens.